Announcements

All conversations in the Archive Forum are read only. For active conversations, please visit our All Forums page to post a topic or response.

Highlighted
First-time Contributor

Box notes images "could not be loaded"

Hello.

I have some BoxNotes in a public folder that ANYONE can open and download files from without even signing up. But if you try to access the folder as a visitor, images do not show up. In stead, you'll get gray boxes saying "Image could not be loaded due to removal or insufficent permission"

All images are in the same folder, that is also public.

Please help me

Tags (1)
Box Employee

Re: Box notes images "could not be loaded"

Hi Samihr,

Please take a look at this link and verify that you have set all shared link settings correctly.

If you can confirm you have done everything correctly, please open a ticket with our user serivces team.

In the ticket please provide the following:

- The shared link

- Folder directory of shared link

- Inform our team who owns the folder of the shared link

- Our user services team may ask for temporary access into your account

Please submit a ticket to User Services following this link.

Kind Regards,

James

Box Employee

Hi @samihr, Please also check that each individual image has the correct permission (people with the link). 

First-time Contributor

I have the same problem. From my standpoint, if I take the time to upload an image into the document, that image should be included with whoever I share that document with. The fact that it doesn't do that AND the settings for this are completely broken and do nothing (if you can even find them which is again not easy at all) is a huge miss IMO. This is something that dropbox paper wipes the floor for box notes which is a real shame as if it worked as a true shareable asset it would be very nice

Trusted Contributor

@samihr  Inside the folder where your Box Notes live, look for a sub-folder called "Box Notes Images".  That will be automatically created when you insert an image into your Box Note. You'll have to adjust permissions on the image(s) to match permissions of your Box Note to allow everyone to see the images and to avoid the error message you're receiving.

--Kurt Baker

Penn State

Occasional Contributor

@KurtBaker - this is exactly it. Thank you!

New Contributor

I have the same issue where (1) I create a new Box Note, (2) Insert images, and (3) generate and share a read-only link.  

When I view the link using another browser (without login), I can see the Note but the image becomes "Image could not be loaded due to removal or insufficient permission".

I can find the corresponding "Box Note Images" folder but since my Note is intended to be shared with others (not a specific person), there is no permission setting that matches to the public.  

Please guide me how I set the permission.

Another thing is, should all the images associated with a Note follows the same permission settings as the Note?

Many thanks,

Community Manager

Hi @royleung,

The permissions that the other users have mention is setting the shared link of the Box Notes image to be People with the Link so that any one who views your Box Note and the images can view the note.

Check out the images below for example:

Screen Shot 2018-04-26 at 11.16.51 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-26 at 11.18.24 AM.png

New Contributor

@Howard

Thank you for your response.  I have tried that as well.  However, this does not help resolve the issue.  I can definitely follow that setting and share the link separately so that my audience can go to that folder and see the image.  However, what I like to see is the same audience could go to the Note document and be able to view the image there.  Right now, the document still has images showing up as "Image could not be loaded due to ..."

I have both Note document and "Box Note Image" folder shared with "People with this link".  The image issue is still there.

Hope this clarifies.

Trusted Contributor

Check the image file inside the "Box Notes Image" folder and make sure that has the same "People with the link" setting.