Announcements

All conversations in the Archive Forum are read only. For active conversations, please visit our All Forums page to post a topic or response.

Occasional Contributor

An unexpected error occurred: error

Why i can't create the new case with "Submit a Case"?

I always get the "An unexpected error occurred: error".

Please help me to check this situation.

Box Employee

Re: An unexpected error occurred: error

Hi @VitoWen

Sorry to hear that you are having an issue with submitting a case. Can you tell me what option you choose from the first dropdown on this page?

Occasional Contributor

Hi Vanessa,

Thank for your replay.

I choose the "API" item.

Occasional Contributor

Hi Vanessa,

That page still occur the same error.

Do you have any idea?

Community Manager

@VitoWen We discovered an issue with the case submission workflow if you are including quotes ("), backslash (\) and accent(`) in the subject. We're actively working to fix this bug. Can you confirm if your use case might have been hitting this condition? If so, please submit a case removing these characters in the "Subject" field.

Occasional Contributor

Hi Brent,

I didn't enter any quotes ("), backslash (\) and accent(`) in the subject field.

But i still get the same error just now.

It seems these characters are not the root cause.

Community Manager

@VitoWen Can you grab a HAR capture (steps below) and private message me here with the file attached? This will enable us to review more closely the cause of the error you are seeing when attempting to submit a case.

In Chrome, please follow these steps:

1. Login to box.com
2. Press the keyboard combination: **Ctrl+Shift+i**, or click on the **three-bar** icon next to the address bar and select **"Tools" > "Developer Tools"**
3. Make sure the **"Network"** option is selected
4. Click to select the **Preserve Log** in the developer tools panel.
5. Reproduce the issue.
6. After reproducing the issue, move your mouse over the **"Developer Tools"** window and right-click anywhere in the first column of the network results. Select the popup option **"Save as HAR with content"**

Occasional Contributor

Hi Brent,

I can post the tickt suddenly!

Thanks for your help.