Storage Limits Are Wrong

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
New Contributor

Storage Limits Are Wrong

My Account has said that I am almost at my storage limit for a long time. No matter how much space I clear, my storage capactity never changes. I have gone into the my trash and deleted files completely from my account and it is not reflected in my storage capacity.

I understand this is happening to a lot of users. I don't want to cancel my account or move to drop box but this is extremely frustrating.

Does anyone know how to resolve this? 

THANKS

Tags (1)
48 REPLIES 48
Highlighted
First-time Contributor

Storage Limit

I only have 7GB uploaded to Box, I cleared my trash, but it still says that I am using 48.9 GB.

How can I fix this?

Highlighted
First-time Contributor

Storage limits

Our Enterprise settings are set to ‘Unlimited’

But now when I try to copy some more data in to my box account I get the following message:

The upload is bigger than your total limit (1012.5 MB)

If I go to my user - account info :

• Storage (used/total) 9.0 GB / 10.0 GB 90% used
Highlighted
First-time Contributor

Re: Storage Limits Are Wrong

Hello,

I have the same problem,
does anyone know how to fix it?

Highlighted
First-time Contributor

I have the same problem.

Frustrating. I was hoping the new month should help but it did not.

Hope box will come up with a solution very soon.

Highlighted
First-time Contributor

Hello,

I have the same problem,

Highlighted
New Contributor

I have the same issue for more than a year.

The only way to temporary fix it is to contact the customer support.

They have a script to recalculate the used storage but there is no way to use it by customers:

It is not possible to provide access to manually trigger re-indexing and updating the storage due to security purposes.
Highlighted
First-time Contributor

storage limit

My Account has said that I am almost at my storage limit for a long time. No matter how much space I clear, my storage capactity never changes. I have gone into the my trash and deleted files completely from my account and it is not reflected in my storage capacity.

I don't want to cancel my account or move to drop box but this is extremely frustrating.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: storage limit

Hi @vincenc,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community!

This sounds familiar to this thread other users are experiencing: https://community.box.com/t5/Help-Forum/Storage-Limits-Are-Wrong/m-p/16595#M9446. You should contact Box Support to help you directly, or for other support options, visit this page.

For other resources, Be sure to look at the Community Guidelines
, and check out our Product NewsTraining Guides, and Help Articles.For tips on how to getting around, see this video.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Same problem here.  This is fundamental aspect of the service.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Was able to chat with support and they fixed the problem quickly.   Hoping this does not become a regular thing---but grateful it can be resolved quickly at least.

Highlighted
First-time Contributor

Storage Limits Are Wrong

I've deleted all the files.  The trash box is empty. but in the account information it still tells i've 28.9 gb in use.   Please fix it.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @idhome57,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community!

This sounds familiar to this thread other users are experiencing: https://community.box.com/t5/Help-Forum/Storage-Limits-Are-Wrong/m-p/16595#M9446. You should contact Box Support to help you directly, or for other support options, visit this page.

For other resources, Be sure to look at the Community Guidelines
, and check out our Product News,Training Guides, and Help Articles. For tips on how to getting around, see this video.

Highlighted
New Contributor

I am having the same issue too... Pls share the solution. Thanks.

Highlighted
First-time Contributor

Same problem here.

Edit: Wow! Problem solved by the box user services within 10 minutes of contacting them. Thanks box!

Highlighted
New Contributor

Same problem here.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @noz,

Welcome to the community and thanks for your first post in the forum!

As mentioned by the other users in this thread, you will need to contact Box support to help adjust your storage quota.

Be sure to look at the Community Guidelines, and check out our Product News,Training Guides, and Help Articles. For tips on how to getting around, see this video.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

same problem. 

Highlighted
First-time Contributor

I'm having the same problem with my account. How can I resolve my storage issue?

Highlighted
New Contributor

I think it may take some time after you delete a file for that deleted space to be reflected in your total. I personally contacted BOX and they were able to change this manually during a chat session. Since then, I try to delete as soon as I’m done with a file to allow that deletion to propagate before I need the space again. It does not appear to happen instantly.
Highlighted
First-time Contributor

我也是这个问题啊 我是英雄城滴有木有人懂汉语啊
Highlighted
New Contributor

I have the same problem - looking at options for one drive with 1TB storage if can't be fixed.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @richardm2 and others

As mentioned, you can contact Box Support to help you directly, or for other support options, visit this page. They will be able to reset your storage limits to the appropriate figure.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi

Thanks, have put a support request in now.

Highlighted
First-time Contributor

I keep trying to get help because my storage limits are wrong, and I keep getting sent to this page that is not helpful at all.  I pay for unlimited storage and I constantly get prompted that I cannot save something to Box because I dont have room, which is not correct.  Are there any actual humans that work at Box??!!  How do I get in touch with an actual person? 

Highlighted
First-time Contributor

I have same problem. 

could you please help?

Highlighted
First-time Contributor

I use 3.25GB but system show me - i used 24.9 GB Please help me resolve this trouble

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @allekss90,

Your post seems like it may require account specific information/configuration.
For those, you should contact Box Support to help you directly, or for other support options, visit this page.

Highlighted
First-time Contributor

How did you contact them? Mail/Phone?

I've also opened a case for it... and I'm not sure if a "case" is enough to solve it...

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @bergerwiederkom,

Thanks for your post. I checked your ticket and it seems like our support team has already reset your storage limits to the correct figure.

Check this out and glad to see your case is being handled by our team!

Thanks for your time in the community!