Removing Seats

SOLVED
Go to solution
Frequent Visitor

Removing Seats

How can I reduce the number of licensed seats?

It looks like the only option is to add.

Thanks

13 REPLIES
Box Employee

Re: Removing Seats

@davegasparini -- If you're just looking to delete users from your account, you can do so from the Users tab of the Admin Console. If you're wanting to reduce the number of licenses you have on your account, feel free to reach out to your Account Executive at Box. If you're not sure who your Account Executive is, give us a ring or send our Sales/Billing team an email -- contact information here

Hope that helps!

-Brad
Box Consulting - Implementation Consultant
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Why made it so easy to add seats, but so hard to remove seats? 

Its a pitty Box resorts to such low tatics to drive revenues. 

Visitor

Because it is easy for them to take your money and not so easy to get it back.  I added 2 additional seats accidentally and no one will help.

Zan
Regular Visitor

I am in the same boat. Have written twice, called once. No response. 

Box Employee

@Zan -- I'd recommend sending a note over to billing@box.com (phone number: 1.877.729.4269 ext. 3 -- more info here) and they should be able to help you out. 

-Brad
Box Consulting - Implementation Consultant

Same issue here.  Sent a note to Billing email address, thanks.  MS makes it easy to add and delete users.  Perhaps we'll check into the recent improvements to OneDrive for Business and save a multiple thousands of dollars a year.

New Contributor

I find this practice to be anti-consumer and a blatant attempt to lock businesses in by making it as hard as possible to remove licenses. 

Box should take a very close look at how both Microsoft Office 365 and Slack handle licensing and billing for month to month services. I'll gladly pay through the end of the month (and an additional 30 days per Office365's policy) for the licenses i own during that billing period, but give me the option to easily remove licenses via the admin dashboard if we no longer need them. I shouldnt have to have a week long three person email corespondance just to remove some excess licenses. 

I totally agree, its pathetic.

New Contributor

It is inappropriate for administrators to have to contact a sales representative to reduce the amount of seats.  Very bad.

Agreed.

It is also very annoying having to send countless email to various account reps in box and not one of them have the decency to hit you back with a reply.

I signed an agreement to increase the number of seats to 45 and the box rep that i dealt with instead set up the account for 54 accounts. And for two monthse straight they have not responded to any of my messages asking them to rectify the problem that they are responsible for.

On top of that they were supposed to merge two accounts into one and till today no reponse.

Box customer service sucks.

No so easy.  I waited on hold, then sent email.  Waiting for response. 

Occasional Visitor

This seems like a ridiculous and purposely implemented feature.  Why can't we manage seats as an admin of the account?

We also added some accidently and they would not refund us....