How To Subscribe to Community Content

You can receive email notifications of updated content in the Box Community by subscribing to forums, posts, articles and other content you want to follow.

What can I subscribe to?

You can subscribe to the following types of content in the community:

Forums

• All posts and replies in a specific forum
  • Top level topics and their replies
  • Individial posts and their replies

Blogs

• All articles and comments in a specific blog
  • Individual blog articles and comments
  • Labels that are assigned to blog articles

Knowledge bases

• All articles in a specific knowledge base
  • Individual knowledge base articles
  • Labels that are assigned to KB articles

Search queries

• You can create a single search query which you can use to subscribe to content

How to subscribe

1. Navigate to the section of the community that you want to subscribe to.
  2. Click on the Options menu, located at the top of the section, to the right of the title:Options menu when clickedOptions menu when clicked
  1. Select Subscribe from the menu. A message will appear indicating success:Subscription successSubscription success 

From now on, you will receive emails notifying you when the item/section has been updated.

Subscribe to Labels

Alternatively, you can subscribe to Blog or KB content by label:

1. Navigate to the section of the community that contains the label you want to subscribe to.
  2. Select the label you want to follow from the list of labels on the right (If there are many labels, you may have to click "Prev" or "Next" to locate it alphabetically).Label listLabel list
  1. Click the label you want to filter by. Filter by labelFilter by label
  1. Click "Subscribe".Subscribed to labelSubscribed to label

You will now receive email notifications when new articles are published with that label.

Managing your email subscriptions

To change your email subscription settings:

1. Click your user avatar at the top of the page and select My Settings from the drop-down menu:My SettingsMy Settings
    1. The first page you will see is Email Settings. If you'd like to unsubscribe from all emails from the Box Community, you can do so by checking the box "Don't send me any community emails" and clicking on Save. (not recommended - you will lose all email notifications from the community!)My Settings: PersonalMy Settings: Personal
    1. For more granular control over your email subscriptions, and how and when they are sent, click on the Subscriptions & Notifications tab across the top.Choose Subscriptions & NotificationsChoose Subscriptions & Notifications
    1. In the first section of these settings on the left, My Subscriptions, you can select and remove individual subscriptions you have previously created.Email subscription optionsEmail subscription options

1. When you click Notification Settings, you can control what events you want your subscriptions to notify you about.Notification SettingsNotification Settings

1. In Email Format you can change whether the email will contain HTML from posts, include subject and/or body, and whether you want to be able to reply to the post via email (where possible).Email FormatEmail Format

1. Be sure to click Save at the bottom of each section to keep any changes you've made.

Version history
Revision #:
8 of 8
Last update:
4 weeks ago
Updated by:

Labels (1)
Contributors
Users online (285)