Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How To Subscribe to Community Content

by ‎01-11-2017 01:30 PM - edited ‎05-04-2017 04:19 PM (2,722 Views)

You can receive email notifications of updated content in the Box Community by subscribing to forums, posts, articles and other content you want to follow.

What can I subscribe to?

You can subscribe to the following types of content in the community:

•  Forums
    • All posts and replies in a specific forum
    • Top level topics and their replies
    • Individial posts and their replies
  •  Blogs
    • All articles and comments in a specific blog
    • Individual blog articles and comments
  •  Knowledge bases
    • All articles in a specific knowledge base
    • Individual knowledge base articles

How to subscribe

1. Navigate to the section of the community that you want to subscribe to.
  2. Click on the Options menu, located at the top of the section, just below the title:
Options Menu - click to expandOptions Menu - click to expand
  1. Select Subscribe from the menu. A message will appear indicating success:

Subscription Success - click to expandSubscription Success - click to expand

From now on, you will receive emails notifying you when the item/section has been updated.

Managing your email subscriptions

To change your email subscription settings:

1. Click your user avatar at the top of the page and select My Settings from the drop-down menu:

User Profile Menu - click to expandUser Profile Menu - click to expand

1. The first page you will see is Email Settings. If you'd like to unsubscribe from all emails from the Box Community, you can do so by checking the box "Don't send me any community emails" and clicking on Save. (not recommended - you will lose all email notifications from the community!)

Email Settings - click to expandEmail Settings - click to expand 

1. For more granular control over your email subscriptions, and how and when they are sent, click on the Subscriptions & Notifications tab across the top. 

Profile Settings: Subscriptions - click to expandProfile Settings: Subscriptions - click to expand

1. In the first section of these settings on the left, My Subscriptions, you can select and remove individual subscriptions you have previously created.

Subscriptions Settings - click to expandSubscriptions Settings - click to expand

1. When you click Notification Settings (on the left), you can control what events you want your subscriptions to notify you about.

Notification Settings - click to expandNotification Settings - click to expand

1. In Email Format you can change whether the email will contain HTML from posts, include subject and/or body, and whether you want to be able to reply to the post via email (where possible).

Email Format - click to expandEmail Format - click to expand

1. Be sure to click Save at the bottom of each section to keep any changes you made.

More in this guide:

Go to Guide